Photo and Styling: Karry Hosford
- 1tablespoon olive oil, divided in half
- 4cups spinach
- 1pound tofu block, crumbled into pieces
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 minced cilantro
- 1cup shredded low-fat cheese, cheddar, Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 8 9-inch tortilla skins, corn or flour in any flavor
blog comments powered by
- To make the greens, heat half the oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat; add greens and sauté stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Set aside.
- To make the tofu, heat remaining oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium high heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin and jalapeno. Sauté stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add soy sauce and cilantro. Set aside.
- To assemble the quesadillas: Preheat oven to 375F.
- Arrange 4 of the tortillas on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Divide tofu, greens and cheese evenly over tortillas and top with one of the remaining tortillas. Press down gently and bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes until heated through. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream or plain yogurt and salsa.