Sauteed Green Beans and Potatoes with Rosemary and Lemon Zest
- Yield 6 servings
Green beans and potatoes are lightly sautéed and seasoned with lemon and rosemary.
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook potatoes in water until tender; drain and cool. Quarter potatoes lengthwise. Set aside.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add rosemary, lemon rind and chile flakes; cook until fragrant. Add potatoes and beans; sauté until vegetables are hot and coated with seasonings. Sprinkle with lemon juice; season with salt. Serve warm.
- Variation: Add 3/4 pound diced, pre-cooked chicken breast, or peeled and deveined shrimp, to skillet along with potatoes and beans.