Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Slicing Brussels sprouts helps them cook quickly and develop a browned, toasty flavor.
Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts with a sharp knife or use a food processor's slicing blade.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet; add Brussels sprouts. Sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, salt and pepper.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.