Sauteed Bosc Pears
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon ground allspice
- 6-- Bosc pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- -- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2cups nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt
- 1/2cup chopped, toasted California walnuts
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in spices and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add pears and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt and top with walnuts.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jamie Lauren of Absinthe Brasserie and Bar, San Francisco.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 258
- Fat 10g
- Sodium 48g
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 5g