Sautéed Beef with Creamy Mushroom and Shallot Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced beef round tip
- 1/4 cup (or approximately 3 large) shallots, sliced
- 1/2 cup white button mushroom
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cooked Pappardelle pasta, cooked and drained
- -- Optional: Splash of malt vinegar or red wine vinegar
- -- Diced red bell peppers
- -- Lemon slices
- -- Bunches of parsley
- -- Finely diced shallots
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions or chives
- Thinly slice meat and toss in flour.
- Slice shallots thin and set aside.
- If you do not have pre-sliced mushrooms, slice to medium thickness.
- In medium- or large-sized non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoonsof oil on medium-high heat.
- Loosely but carefully drop sliced meat into pan of heated oil and brown meat lightly, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté mushrooms and shallots for 3-5 minutes until translucent and lightly browned.
- Return meat to pan, sauté meat with mushroom and shallot mixture.
- Add garlic and onion powder, and stir together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and stir.
- Turn off heat and add pepper and sour cream.
- Stir gently.
- Pile noodles on a serving platter andtop with beef mixture.
- Top with scallions or chives, and serve.
1 serving = 3 oz. beef, 2 Tbsp. mushroom/shallot sauce, 1 cup pasta