- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds Italian-style sausage
- 1medium Vidalia onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1-- (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6cups cooked rice, for serving
blog comments powered by
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the sausage and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Using tongs, remove the sausage to a cutting board and slice into 1-inch pieces. Return the sausage to the hot pan. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve over cooked rice.
Recipe by Chef Gerry Klaskala, Aria, Atlanta, Ga.