Sausage Veggie Cassoulet
- Yield 4 servings
A hearty mix of turkey sausage and vegetables is perfect for a chilly evening’s dinner.
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces turkey keilbasa sausages, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- In a 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan, over medium-high heat, add 1/2 teaspoon oil. When hot, add sausage; turn occasionally to brown on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes total. As sausage is browned, transfer to a plate. Add onion, mushrooms and carrots to pan; stir often until onion is limp, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth, thyme, bay leaf, beans, tomatoes and sausage; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes until carrots are tender.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids