Sausage Tarts with Mango Chutney
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 30 mins
Sweet-savory bites for dinner or a party.
Using frozen puff pastry, these individual tarts are super easy to make. Make large ones for dinner or smaller ones for appetizers.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 14 ounces uncooked chicken sausages, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Major Grey mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Thaw pastry according to package instructions. On a lightly floured board, roll out 1 sheet of dough with a floured rolling pin into a 14-inch square. Cut into 4 squares. Place on a cookie sheet, crimp edges slightly to form a rim. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until pastry begins to puff.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, sausage, salt and pepper; cook covered, about 15 minutes, or until sausage is browned, stirring often. Stir in chutney and thyme.
- Spoon sausage mixture evenly over pastry squares and bake 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.
Recipe by Joanna Preuss.