- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 50 mins
- 8 ounces pork sausage (bulk)
- 1 -- pastry pie shell
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -- 10-ounce package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 4 -- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -- cherry tomatoes (optional), halved
- -- watercress sprigs (optional)
Prepare pastry and set aside.
Crumble sausage in medium skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat till sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain well.
Thaw spinach, drain well. Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper toweling. Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell. Top with sausage mixture. In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, cream and salt; mix well. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
Bake in a 375F. oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress, if desired.