- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 3 pints Chicken broth
- 1 large Peeled and chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons Sage leaves
- 1 cup Diced sausage
- 1 medium Peeled and diced carrot
- 2 stalks Sliced celery
- 2 cups Chopped cabbage
- 3 tablespoons Barley
- 1 medium Cored and diced tomato
- 1 small Peeled and finely dice potato
Combine first six ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Add each of the next seven ingredients and continue simmering for at least one more hour.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with crackers and slices of cheddar cheese.
Freeze any left overs.