- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3pints Chicken broth
- 1large Peeled and chopped onion
- 1tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2teaspoons Thyme leaves
- 1tablespoon Parsley leaves
- 2teaspoons Sage leaves
- 1cup Diced sausage
- 1medium Peeled and diced carrot
- 2stalks Sliced celery
- 2cups Chopped cabbage
- 3tablespoons Barley
- 1medium Cored and diced tomato
- 1small Peeled and finely dice potato
Combine first six ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Add each of the next seven ingredients and continue simmering for at least one more hour.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with crackers and slices of cheddar cheese.
Freeze any left overs.