- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Easy and delicious. This dish is a real hit!
- 2 cups rigatoni noodles, uncooked
- 1 pound ground sausage, mild or hot
- -- Basil to taste
- -- Oregano to taste
- -- Garlic powder to taste
- -- Salt
- -- Pepper
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 pound Provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil noodles in salted water until tender. Drain. Saute sausage until brown. Drain. Butter a 2-quart casserole and assemble as follows: rigatoni, 1/2 of tomato sauce, 1 layer of Provolone cheese, sour cream, meat, sprinkle seasonings over meat, Mozzarella cheese, and remaining tomato sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. May also substitute ground beef for sausage.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Little Rocks’ Traditions, A Taste of the Good Life (Junior League of Little Rock Publications, Little Rock, Arkansas, 1983).