- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2cups rigatoni noodles, uncooked
- 1pound ground sausage, mild or hot
- -- Basil to taste
- -- Oregano to taste
- -- Garlic powder to taste
- -- Salt
- -- Pepper
- 4cups tomato sauce
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 1/2pound Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2pound Provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/2 to 1cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil noodles in salted water until tender. Drain. Saute sausage until brown. Drain. Butter a 2-quart casserole and assemble as follows: rigatoni, 1/2 of tomato sauce, 1 layer of Provolone cheese, sour cream, meat, sprinkle seasonings over meat, Mozzarella cheese, and remaining tomato sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. May also substitute ground beef for sausage.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Little Rocks’ Traditions, A Taste of the Good Life (Junior League of Little Rock Publications, Little Rock, Arkansas, 1983).