- Yield 16 to 24 servings
"Try one - you will like it. I serve lots of appetizers for New Year's Eve, and this one is different. Even the children will eat them."
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Swiss
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 48 large mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, stirring frequently to break up large pieces. Drain on paper towels.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, return the sausage to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients, except the mushrooms. Stir until well blended.
- Fill the mushrooms with equal amounts of the sausage mixture. Grease two 13 x 9-inch glass baking dishes; arrange the mushrooms in the pans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Recipe by Bobbie E. Vankston, Midland, Texas