Sausage and Spinach Orzo
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 25 minutes
- 1 pound whole wheat orzo, cook as package directs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 20 ounces pkg. Sweet Italian turkey sausage,casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 9 ounces baby spinach
- 3 whole jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 can 14 1/2 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- -- parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- 6 ounces can California olives, sliced
Heat oil in 12 inch skillet.
Add onion and saute until soft. Add Italian sausage and saute until cooked through. Add garlic and spinach.
Cook until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes, olives and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes.
Add cooked orzo, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with parmesan cheese.