Sausage and Spinach Orzo
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 1pound whole wheat orzo, cook as package directs
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 20ounces pkg. Sweet Italian turkey sausage,casings removed
- 3cloves garlic, chopped
- 9ounces baby spinach
- 3whole jarred roasted red peppers
- 1can 14 1/2 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- 6ounces can California olives, sliced
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet.
- Add onion and saute until soft. Add Italian sausage and saute until cooked through. Add garlic and spinach.
- Cook until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes, olives and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add cooked orzo, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese.