Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
Sausage, roasted red peppers, spinach and mozzarella make this a simple upscale pizza.
- 1 -- (12-inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces chicken sausage or gourmet sausage of choice, cut in thin slices
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper slices, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion thin slices, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
Preheat oven 425F. Coat crust with oil and garlic.
In a small nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook sausage until lightly browned and done. Add spinach, stirring only until wilted.
Evenly spoon spinach mixture over crust and top with remaining ingredients. Bake 8–10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is done.
Tip: Splurge with fresh mozzarella cheese for an added flavor value. Look for different varieties of sausage from chicken to vegetarian.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here