Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
- Yield 8 servings
Sausage, roasted red peppers, spinach and mozzarella make this a simple upscale pizza.
- 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces chicken sausage or gourmet sausage of choice, cut in thin slices
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper slices, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion thin slices, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven 425F. Apply a liberal coat of olive oil and garlic to the crust.
- Cook sausage in a small skillet until brown and cooked through. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Layer spinach mixture over the crust and top with any additional toppings.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust appears crispy, around 8-10 minutes.