Sausage and Cornbread Dressing
- Yield servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Blue cheese adds a little something extra to stuffing.
This is a great recipe for a poultry stuffing. If you don't have all of the ingredients you can improvise with what you have on hand.
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1/2 pound Italian sweet sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sautéed sweet onion
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 -- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- -- Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients except chicken stock in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Add broth a little at a time until stuffing is the moist enough to form a loose ball in your fist.
- Use for stuffing quail or Cornish game hen, or bake at 350F in a casserole dish 20 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.