Saucy Lamb Burger with Sun-Dried Tomato-Feta Spread
- Yield 4 servings
This tasty burgers star tender ground lamb, onion soup mix and hickory smoked BBQ sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 -- bottle Weber® Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 package (1.3 ounces) onion soup mix, divided
- -- Olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon Weber® Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce, or more to taste
- 8 -- plump, sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 1 -- red onion, cut into thick slices
- 4 -- hard rolls or favorite buns
- Mix meat with 1⁄4 cup Weber® Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce and half of the package of onion soup mix. Form meat into 4 patties and brush each patty with olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Meanwhile, mix the rest of the onion soup mix with the cream cheese, feta, BBQ Sauce, Tabasco sauce and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for an hour, or up to 24 hours. Just before grilling, remove both meat and spread from refrigerator.
- Grill burgers over direct medium heat until the meat is no longer pink (8 to 10 minutes), turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove burgers from grill onto a clean platter. Meanwhile grill the buns over direct heat until lightly toasted, if desired.
- Place the burger on bottom bun and top with a dollop of feta spread and a slice of red onion. Replace top of buns and serve immediately.