- 1 1/2pounds ground lamb
- 1-- bottle Weber® Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1package (1.3 ounces) onion soup mix, divided
- -- Olive oil
- 4ounces cream cheese
- 4ounces crumbled feta
- 1tablespoon Weber® Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
- 3dashes Tabasco sauce, or more to taste
- 8-- plump, sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 1-- red onion, cut into thick slices
- 4-- hard rolls or favorite buns
Mix meat with 1⁄4 cup Weber® Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce and half of the package of onion soup mix. Form meat into 4 patties and brush each patty with olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
Meanwhile, mix the rest of the onion soup mix with the cream cheese, feta, BBQ Sauce, Tabasco sauce and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for an hour, or up to 24 hours. Just before grilling, remove both meat and spread from refrigerator.
Grill burgers over direct medium heat until the meat is no longer pink (8 to 10 minutes), turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove burgers from grill onto a clean platter. Meanwhile grill the buns over direct heat until lightly toasted, if desired.
Place the burger on bottom bun and top with a dollop of feta spread and a slice of red onion. Replace top of buns and serve immediately.
Recipe by Elizabeth Karmel