Santa Fe Chicken and Potato Soup
- Yield: servings
- 2medium russet or Yukon Gold potatoes or 4 to 5 red potatoes
- 1 (6- to 8-ounce) chicken breast
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1can mild diced tomatoes in chiles
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- Cut potatoes into uniform 1/2-inch cubes. Place in microwave safe dish.
- Using a separate clean cutting board, cut chicken into uniform medium-size cubes. Combine with potatoes.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken and potatoes. Add diced tomatoes and chiles and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Tightly cover with lid or plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes or until potatoes and chicken are done. Let sit for 2 minutes. Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave and serve. Due to steam build-up, use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board