- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- -- juice of 6 lemons
- -- juice of 2 oranges
- 1cup sugar
- 2-- lemons, sliced into circles
- 4-- oranges, sliced into circles
- 2-- bottled dry red or white wine, chilled
- 4cups (1 quart) soda, chilled
- -- Fruit to float such as strawberries or oranges
- Combine the lemon juice, orange juice and sugar in a small pitcher and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Divide the lemon slices, orange slices and fruit juice mixture between 2 chilled pitchers. Add teh wine and soda to each and stir to mix. Float fruit of choice in each pitcher.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Greater Covington’s Roux To Do (Junior League of Greater Covington, Louisiana, 2004).