Sandy’s Simple Scones
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10-12 minutes
Raisins and apples team to to provide a bit of sweetness to these simple scones.
Only minutes to prepare, this recipe is simply delicious and a crowd pleaser! Perfect to make for guests at home or take to an afternoon tea, shower or party. These scones are fantastic and have a hint of sweetness thanks to the all natural California Raisins!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 medium apple grated
- 1 1/2 cups California Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon baking chips
- 4 tablespoons chilled salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450F. Grease a large baking sheet and line with parchment.
- Mix together dry ingredients with a wire whisk. Add grated apple, California Raisins and cinnamon chips to dry ingredients. Stir together until well coated. Add butter and cut into mixture using two knives. Stir in milk until JUST blended – be careful not to overwork mixture.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared pan (shape as desired).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Delicious when eaten warm within 15 minutes after coming out of the oven. But they are also yummy and super moist eaten cold. They remain fresh if stored in zipped plastic baggie, or can be frozen and served later.