Sandy’s Simple Scones
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10-12 minutes
Only minutes to prepare, this recipe is simply delicious and a crowd pleaser! Perfect to make for guests at home or take to an afternoon tea, shower or party. These scones are fantastic and have a hint of sweetness thanks to the all natural California Raisins!
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1pinch nutmeg
- 1medium apple grated
- 1 1/2cups California Raisins
- 1 1/2cups cinnamon baking chips
- 4tablespoons chilled salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450F. Grease a large baking sheet and line with parchment.
- Mix together dry ingredients with a wire whisk. Add grated apple, California Raisins and cinnamon chips to dry ingredients. Stir together until well coated. Add butter and cut into mixture using two knives. Stir in milk until JUST blended – be careful not to overwork mixture.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared pan (shape as desired).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Delicious when eaten warm within 15 minutes after coming out of the oven. But they are also yummy and super moist eaten cold. They remain fresh if stored in zipped plastic baggie, or can be frozen and served later.