- 1tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2pound Boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/2pound sliced cured chorizo sausage
- 1large chopped onion
- 1clove chopped garlic
- 1/4teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4teaspoon oregano
- 1/4teaspoon saffron
- 1package 10 oz Mahatma Saffron Rice Mix
- 3units cups of water
- 1large can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2pound raw prawns peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1pound clams in shells
- 1units cup uncooked frozen peas
Stir fry chicken in a skillet large enough to hold all ingredients. Once cooked set aside and keep warm. In the same skillet, sauté chorizo in olive oil until lightly browned. Add bell pepper, onion, and rice. Continue cooking until onions are transparent but not soft.
While mixture is cooking, sprinkle chicken with saffron. Prepare rice per instructions on the package. Add peas and tomatoes to the rice mixture, then arrange chicken, clams, mussels and prawns across the top. Dust seafood and chicken with oregano, parsley and pimento, then cover. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes covered before removing lid.