Roast Chicken El Salvador
- Yield servings
- -- ~4 pound whole chicken, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic/salt with parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped in half
- 1 small white onion, sliced/separated
- 1 -- jar (5.75oz) green Spanish (Manzanilla) olives
- -- ? cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 package (8oz) mushrooms, halved
? Preheat oven 400
? Place chicken, breast side up, in a deep roasting pan. Mix chicken bouillon with water and pour all over the chicken, including the inside cavity.
? Season inside/outside chicken with garlic/salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire.
? Rub mustard all over the chicken.
? Pour tomato sauce over the chicken.
? Arrange celery, onion, olives, bell pepper, and cilantro around the chicken.
? Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
? Add in potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms around the chicken.
? Recover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
? Baste the chicken and move vegetables around.
? Recover with foil and bake for15 minutes.
? Turn the chicken over breast side down to brown.
? Do not cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
? Turn the chicken breast side up and bake for approximately 10 more minutes, or until golden brown.