Salted Watermelon Shots
- Lime wedge
- Kosher salt, for garnishing rim
- 1/2 ounce silver tequila
- 1/4 ounce watermelon vodka (like Three Olives), optional
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly extracted watermelon juice
- Wet the outside rim of a shot glass with a lime wedge and then dip the rim into a small bowl of salt. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Top with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into the salt-rimmed shot glass.
Reprinted with permission from the publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt from 101 Shots by Kim Haasarud. Copyright 2014.