Salted Nut Roller Candies
- Yield: 24 pieces
"I make this candy for Christmas and Easter."
- 1/4cup evaporated milk
- 30 caramels
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 to 2cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salted peanuts
- 1 (16-ounce) jar unsalted peanuts
- Combine the milk, caramels, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until the caramels and butter are melted, stirring frequently. Blend in the confectioners’ sugar. Remove from the heat.
- Spread the salted and unsalted peanuts on a large sheet of wax paper. Using a tablespoon and working quickly, drop caramel mixture over the peanuts. Cover the mixture with the peanuts and shape into rolls, about 3 inches by 1 inch. The rolls will be sticky.
- Let stand 30 minutes before wrapping the rollers individually with wax paper or colorful plastic wrap.
Recipe by Addibeth Beeler, Miles City, Mont.