Salsa Verde Turkey Enchiladas
- Yield 8 enchiladas servings
- Prep 50 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
- 1 -- rotisserie turkey breast
- 1-16 fluid ounce jar mild salsa verde
- 4 small green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup California black olives (sliced)
- 8 -- corn tortillas
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 package reduced-fat (2%) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 package Spanish rice, cooked following package directions
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1. Remove turkey breast from bone and coarsely shred; place in medium bowl (you will need 3 cups; reserve any extra for use another day or double the recipe). Discard skin and bones. Stir in 1/4 cup salsa verde into the turkey to evenly coat.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 13" by 9" glass or ceramic baking dish; set aside. In medium sauce pan, prepare the Spanish rice. It will take about 10 miniutes for this to cook. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat remining salsa, green onions, and lime juice bring mixture to a boil stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro; keep warm over very low heat.
3. With tongs, place 1 tortilla in salsa verde mixture; heat about 10 seconds. Place tortilla on waxed paper; top with about 1/3 cup shredded turkey mixture and 1/4 cup Spanish rice; roll up tortilla and place, seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remining tortillas, turkey mixture, and rice arranging 8 tortilla in baking dish.
4. Stir sour cream and broth into remaining salsa verde mixture in skillet; spoon over filled tortillas. Cover baking dish with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, and 1/2 cup sliced black olives. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
5. Serve Enchilada with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and the remaining Spanish rice.