Salsa Crude with Penne
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1pinch dried oregano
- 1/4cup white wine, any light, crisp white is fine
- 1pinch salt/pepper to taste
- 12ounces penne
- 1/2cup grated parmesan
- Cook penne according to directions on package.
- While penne is cooking, saute onion in olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Stir frequently,
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes & oregano and stir while sauteeing for several minutes. Tomatoes should start to lose their moisture for the sauce.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Drain pasta and add to the tomato mixture.
- Add parmesan, toss and serve.