Creamy Chicken Salsa Bake
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -- (4 6 ounce each) Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -- 16 ounce jar mild chunky style salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 -- thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley (whichever is preferred)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- -- Kosher salt
- -- Pepper
- 2 cups prepared white or brown rice
1. Heat oil in large saute skillet over medium high heat.
2. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
3. Saute chicken breasts until golden brown on each side – approximately
5 minutes each side.
4. Remove from pan to a large plate, cover with foil to keep chicken warm.
5. Turn down the heat under the pan to low.
6. Add salsa and cream cheese, stirring gently until incorporated together.
7. Return chicken to pan, cover with lid, simmer on low until chicken is completely cooked through – approximately 20 minutes.
8. Prepare the rice while the chicken and sauce simmers.
9. When everything is finished, plate the rice, place chicken breasts on top of the rice, ladle sauce over the top, garnish with scallions, cilantro/parsley and black olives.