Salsa Chicken and Kidney Beans
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 -- broiler-fryer chicken breast halves
- 1 -- (16 ounces) jar medium chunky salsa, divided
- 1 -- (15-1/2 ounces) can light red kidney beans*
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, warmed
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- In greased, shallow, 1-1/2 quart baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of the salsa and spread evenly. Spoon kidney beans over salsa. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder on all sides and arrange on top of beans. Rub chicken on top with garlic and pour remaining salsa over chicken. Place in 325F oven and bake for about 1 hour or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Garnish with olives, tortilla chips and cheese. When serving, spoon beans and sauce over chicken.
*Rinse kidney beans in cold water and dry on paper towels.