Salmon with Savory Seafood Rub
- Yield: 4 servings
"My husband is a seafood lover. He discovered this quick, easy meal one night when he was in charge of our July 4 entree."
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon olive oil evenly over all.
- Combine brown sugar, dry mustard, chili powder and cumin; mix well. Sprinkle over salmon; press down to allow the spices to adhere. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. If refrigerated 30 minutes, bake the salmon 8 to 10 minutes, or until opaque in the center. If refrigerated overnight, bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until opaque in the center. Do not overcook. Serves 4.
Recipe by Laura Frerich, Napoleon, Ohio