Salmon with Ratatouille Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
This recipe from Red Mountain Resort in Ivins, Utah, features heart-healthy salmon and a wide array of vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4, 4 oz portions
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup yellow zucchini, cut into 1 in. strips
- 1/4 cup green zucchini, cut into 1 in. strips
- 1/4 cup Japanese or regular eggplant, cut into 1 in. strips
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons roma tomato, julienned
- 1/2 tablespoon black olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onions, julienned
- 1/2 cup canned tomato puree
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped in long strips
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium heat; add ½ tablespoon olive oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste, and sear in pan for 1 ½ to 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil in medium sauté pan over medium heat until almost smoking. Add garlic and sauté until it starts to brown.
- Add next eight ingredients (zucchini through onions) and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften. Reduce heat to medium low and add tomato puree and basil. Simmer until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salmon among four plates; top with zucchini mixture.
* If yellow zucchini is not available, substitute an equal amount of green zucchini.