Salmon with Cilantro Almond Pesto
- Yield 4 servings
Vibrant orange, protein-rich salmon fillets get a double dose of crunchy almonds, one in the pesto and one in the topping.
The lovely green pesto is easy to make and gets a delightful flavor boost – without salt – from the garlic-herb seasoning blend. For a quick and pretty dish, scatter the almonds over the surface, as instructed below. If you prefer a fancier presentation, after spreading the pesto over the salmon, slightly overlap the almonds on the fillets to resemble fish scales, then bake as directed.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, process the pesto ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until slightly chunky.
- Place the fillets about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.