Salmon with Cilantro Walnut Pesto
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds salmon fillet
- 2medium garlic cloves
- 1/4cup walnuts
- 1cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- For Pesto: With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of a food processor and mince. Add walnuts and chop finely. Add remaining ingredients, except salmon, and process into a paste.
- For Salmon: Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in a large baking dish. Remove all bones. Spread cilantro pesto evenly over salmon. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until barely opaque throughout. Do not overcook. Salmon will continue cooking for a few minutes once removed from oven. Serve hot.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Seattle’s Simply Classic (The Junior League of Seattle, Washington Inc., 2002).