- Yield 4 servings
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into squares
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cubed, cooked skinned salmon
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche or low-fat sour cream
- 1 scallion, chopped, for garnish
- Parboil potatoes: Place whole potatoes in boiling water for 6-8 minutes. Cool; slip off skins, grate and set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil and butter on medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cook until tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently, 5 to 6 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the potatoes, tarragon, capers, salt and pepper. Using a spatula, press down on the mixture to crisp the potatoes and cook for about 4 minutes, then flip the hash over to cook the other side.
- Slide onto a serving platter and spoon on the cubed salmon. Top with the crème fraiche or sour cream and scallion. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef Cat Cora