Salmon Rice Au Gratin
- Yield 8-10 servings
Canned salmon and white rice are combined in this comfort casserole.
"I really like making casseroles and have made this for years, passing it on to family and friends."
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 pound canned salmon, drained, boned, and flaked
- 8 ounces shredded American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add celery and onion, and cook until onion is transparent.
- Add flour and seasonings. Add milk and soup, stirring until sauce is smooth.
- Blend sauce with remaining ingredients and pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Top with bread or cracker crumbs and dots of butter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Lillian C. Schmidt, Green Valley, Ariz