Salmon Pinwheel Appetizers
- Yield: 48 servings
"This recipe is very special to me because each time I prepare it for entertaining, I get great compliments on it. And the pinwheels are gone in a flash."
- 1 (15-ounce) can salmon or 2 cups cooked salmon, flaked and deboned
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon cilantro
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4tablespoons mild or hot salsa
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Fresh dill, optional
- Drain canned salmon and remove skin and bones. In a small bowl, combine salmon, cream cheese, cumin, cilantro, parsley and salsa. Mix well. Spread about 2 tablespoons over each tortilla. Roll up tightly and wrap individually with clear plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Slice each tortilla into bite-size pieces. To prevent roll-up from flattening, roll it as you slice. Garnish with dill, if desired.
Recipe by Marianne Summers Hoyt, Telico Plains, Tenn.