Salmon Pasta Salad with Zucchini and Artichoke Hearts
- Yield 6 servings
A cold pasta salad that stars salmon and fresh vegetables.
"My husband is a truck driver with a gourmet palate. He gets frustrated at the food available on the road and has a large plug-in refrigerator in his truck now. I make cold pasta dishes that are flavorful and have fresh vegetables and protein for his dinners while he's away."
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti noodles, broken in thirds
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (2-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cooked, flaked and chilled
- Spring greens (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and run under cold water to cool quickly. Shake off excess liquid and place in a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, celery, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, basil, parsley, garlic salt, celery seeds, pepper and mayonnaise. Toss gently. Fold in salmon. Serve on a bed of spring greens, if using.
Recipe by Peggy Galletley, Porterville, Calif.