Salmon Pasta Salad with Yogurt and Hearts of Palm
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
If you don't have time to cook the salmon, substitute a 14 3/4-ounce can of red salmon.
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet
- 8 ounces rotini (spiral) pasta
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake about 15 minutes, or until the salmon is thoroughly cooked and flakes easily. Set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, dillweed and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix celery, heart of palm, pasta and dressing. Remove skin from the salmon, flake into chunks, and add to pasta mixture, tossing gently. Chill until ready to serve.