- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1-- (7.5-ounce) can salmon, drained and skin removed
- 1/4cup plain, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2cup finely chopped red onion
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons horseradish (may substitute with chili sauce)
- -- Nonstick cooking spray
Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl. Form into 4 patties equal size patties.
Coat medium nonstick pan with vegetable oil spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook salmon cakes on both sides until golden brown.
Tip: This is an easy and inexpensive way to reel in omega-3s, fish fat with anti-inflammatory properties (that may also help fight heart disease).
Recipe by Robin Thomas. Reprinted with permission from John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 290
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 155mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 27g