Panko-Crusted Salmon Sliders with Quick Ponzu Cucumbers
- Yield 12 pieces
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 10 mins
These easy-to-prepare salmon sliders with Asian flair will score points with Super Bowl Sunday guests.
These burgers are great with sweet potato fries.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman ponzu sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 -- unpeeled English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked salmon, skinned
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Kikkoman panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 -- small slider buns or rolls
- To prepare cucumbers, combine ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and let stand 15 minutes. Drain before using.
- To prepare burgers, chop salmon into medium-size pieces, place in food processor in 2 batches, and pulse to dice. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 portions. Shape into patties.
- Dredge patties in Kikkoman panko breadcrumbs. Gently press crumbs into patties to adhere.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. When oil is hot, place patties in pan and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Alternately, place in a grill basket and grill on both sides until thoroughly cooked.)
- Toast buns. Top bun bottoms with salmon burgers and soy cucumbers. Place bun tops on top.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.