Salmon and Root Vegetable Packets
- Yield: 4 servings
Baking in foil helps the salmon soak up the flavors and makes clean up a snap.
- 2medium red potatoes
- 1medium turnips
- 1medium red beet
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 4tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 8sprigs fresh dill
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut 4 (18 x 8-inch) pieces of aluminum foil.
- Cut potatoes, turnip and beet into slivers, using a vegetable peeler, or shred using a food processor. Pile vegetables onto pieces of foil. Place a salmon fillet on each piece. Top each with 1 tablespoon of butter, a few slices of lemon and 2 sprigs of dill. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring up ends of foil and fold to tightly seal packets. Place packets in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before opening foil (be careful as steam will escape.) Serve immediately.
Recipe by Deanna Segrave-Daly