Salad with Apples, Blue Cheese and Candied Pistachios
- Yield: servings
- 1/3cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1cup Wonderful Pistachios, candied (see recipe below)
- 8cups salad greens
- 1/2cup each yellow and red tear drop tomatoes
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- In large bowl, toss half the candied pistachios with the salad greens, tomatoes, apples and onion. Arrange onto salad plates; sprinkle with blue cheese and remaining candied pistachios. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad.
- Candied Pistachios: Preheat oven to 375F. In a small bowl, whisk together one egg white and 1/4 cup sugar. Fold in 1 cup whole Pistachio Kernels. Spread pistachios in a single layer on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway through baking time or until sugar looks bubbly. Loosen pistachios and let cool for 10 minutes. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Wonderful Pistachios.