- Yield 8 servings
A sinfully creamy mixture of chopped potatoes, dill pickles, capers and sweet green peas, traditionally served on a bed of butter lettuce with tomato wedges and chopped parsley.
- Potato Salad:
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 1/2 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed
- 1 large sour dill pickle, cut into small dice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons well-drained capers
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or Nayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream or soy based sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 head Boston lettuce broken into leaves, washed and dried
- 8 to 10 pitted ripe black olives, chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into small wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Paprika, to taste
- To make salad: Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook peas 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Toss lightly to combine.
- To garnish: Serve on a bed of Boston lettuce leaves. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and chopped dill. Sprinkle with paprika.