- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Make a meal of salad with bacon, eggs and potatoes.
The French call this a salad; we call it dinner. Granted, we took some liberties with the traditional salad, adding potatoes to make it heartier. Use a sturdy lettuce like frisée or romaine.
- 3 bacon slices
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 leeks (white part only), sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups frisée or curly endive
- 4 poached eggs (cooked about 2 minutes)
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon, reserving fat. Add potatoes to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add leeks and continue cooking until potatoes are done, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk well.
- Toss frisée with dressing. Place on serving plates. Top each serving with potatoes, egg, crumbled bacon and cheese, if using.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.