Salad Greens with Anjou Pear and Rice Vinegar Dressing
- Yield 8 servings
You can certainly use Romaine lettuce in this salad, but the peppery arugula and bitter radicchio are a nice contrast to the other flavors of the menu.
- 1 -- Boston or small green or red oak leaf lettuce, leaves separated and coarsely torn
- 1 small head radicchio, trimmed, quartered and leaves separated
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 -- ripe Anjou pear, halved, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 -- English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine lettuce, radicchio and arugula in a large shallow serving bowl; toss well. Top with pear, walnuts and cucumber.
- Combine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk well. Pour in oil in a steady stream while whisking. Serve with salad.
Recipe by Corinne Trang.