Sage Brown Butter with Dried Cherries
- Yield 1 1/2 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Use this savory-sweet spread on bread, potatoes, vegetables, meats of broiled fish.
This recipe from the American Dairy Farmers is equally good with or without dried cherries. Use it on bread, potatoes, vegetables, meats or broiled fish.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- In a medium skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. When butter begins to foam, add onion and garlic; cook until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat and stir in sage, salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Place remaining butter in a medium mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Scrape downs sides of bowl.
- Add brown butter mixture and beat to combine, scraping down sides of bowl. Stir in cherries.
- Scrape into a small bowl, crock or butter mold and cover tightly or shape into a long roll in waxed paper for storing and slicing as needed.
Recipe courtesy of the American Dairy Farmers.