- Yield 6 servings
Indian paneer (cheese) is a low-fat, mild, fresh cheese that will hold its shape in this creamy spinach mixture.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Indian paneer cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -- (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 -- green chile, chopped (optional)
- 1 pound frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add paneer and saute until golden. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, spices and chile (if using); cook 7 minutes. Squeeze any excess water from spinach and blend it with milk. Add spinach to pan and bring to a boil. Add lemon juice. Serve with naan or pita bread.