Smoky Chicken Sliders
- Yield servings
- 4 -- (5oz) skinless,boneless chichen breast
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 cloves peeled,crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 -- teaspoonwhite pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped italian parsley
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 -- 8 rustic ,crusty rolls(chiabatta or french)
- 1 -- head red tip leaf lettuce
Pound chicken breast out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to about 1/4 inch in thickness.Into a large bowl add orange juice,liquid smoke,crushed garlic cloves,soy sauce,white pepper and grated ginger.Add chicken to marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes,turning chicken breast after 15 minutes
In a medium size bowl combine mayonnaise,chopped parsley,diced red onion,capers,orange zest ,chopped rosemary and white pepper.Set aside and keep cool.
Heat a large skillet to a medium-hi heat and cook chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side or until meat is done.Meat should have clear juices.Remove from skillet and let cool.Shred or chop chicken meat into small pieces.
Add cooled shredded chicken meat to mayonnaise mixture,mix well.
Slice each roll in half ,place desired amount lettuce leaves on bottom half of each roll and spoon on equal amounts of the chicken mixture on top of lettuce between 6-8 rolls.Place top side of roll on each sandwich .
prep time 20 minutes
cook time 8-12 minutes