Rustic Pasta Sauce
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 8 oz.packages Baby Bella Mushrooms (whole)
- 1 small-- white onion
- 2cloves garlic
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz.cans Del Monte Petite Cut Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil
- 1 14.5 oz.cans Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1package Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- While the skillet is on the heat, wipe the mushrooms with a soft towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stems and slice the mushrooms. Put them in a bowl.
- Dice the onion and put it in the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Peel and mince the garlic and put it in a small bowl.
- Put the olive oil in the skillet and tip the skillet to coat the bottom. Heat the oil for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet and saute them for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and the black pepper. Stir, cover, and simmer the sauce for at least 20 minutes to let the flavor develop. Serve with hot spaghetti or fettuccine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.