- 1 (9-inch) uncooked pastry crust, rolled to 15 inches
- 5cups blackberries
- 2/3cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 3tablespoons boysenberry (or other berry) jam, whisked to thin
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place pastry in pie or tart pan with dough overhanging.
- Combine berries, 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch and jam in a large bowl. Mix gently and spoon into pastry. Fold pastry edges over fruit. Brush pastry with water and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 2g