Russian Red Lentil Soup
- Yield 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 1/2 cup diced,dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups water
- 2 141/2 ounces cans chicken or vegetable broth
- 14 1/2 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
Combine all ingredients except mint and yogur in slow cooker.
Cover .Heat on high until soup starts to simmer, them turn to low and cook 3 to 4 hours.
Add mint and dollop of yogurt to each bowl of soup.
*this soup serve with Pita Bread Triangles, Waldof Salad or Platter of fresh Veggies.