Rum Pecan Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2cup sugar
- 3/4cup light corn syrup
- 1/4cup maple flavored syrup
- 3-- eggs, lightly beaten
- 3tablespoons light rum
- 3/4cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- -- Brandied Butter Pastry (recipe below)
- 3/4cup pecan halves, for topping
- Brandied Butter Pastry:
- 1cup flour
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 6tablespoons cold butter
- 3tablespoons cold brandy
- For the filling. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, maple syrup, eggs and rum; beat well. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with Brandied Butter Pastry.
- Pour filling into pastry and top with pecan halves. Bake at 350F for 55 minutes.
- For the pastry. Combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle brandy over mixture and stir until particles cling together when pressed gently. Shape dough into a ball and chill 20 minutes before rolling out.
- For a baked crust, prick pastry with a fork; bake at 425F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Savannah’s Savannah Style (the Junior League of Savannah, Georgia, 1980).